Sunday, October 7, 2012

Is Anyone Really Surprised?

Is anyone really surprised that it took me so many months to write another blog entry?  I know I'm not.  I do have some exciting updates, though. 

I go to a Methodist Church, and even though I'm not Christian, I love it!  The people there are great, and I've been an active member of this church for the past 13 years.  I have been over the years a member of handbells (currently am, again), the choir, the youth group, and other various groups.  I go to Wednesday supper every week, and even (gasp!) go to service on Sunday rarely.  Currently, I joined a needlepoint group.  We meet on the third Monday of every month to practice our stitches because a lot of us, myself included, are beginners. 

I accidentally skipped our August meeting, which apparently was more practice stitches with no real pattern or purpose.  In our September meeting, we got a pattern to work on!  I'm currently working on filling in the background.

Now, the really exciting part is WHY we are doing all of this practice.  We are each going to get to needlepoint a kneeler cover.  Said kneeler covers are then going to be put in the new sanctuary that the church just constructed.  I am going to create something that will be in the church, in front of the altar, for years to come.  How cool is that? 

So now my hobby du jour is needlepointing.  It's interesting, because I've also been reading pages upon pages from a site www.regretsy.com and one of the posts mentioned a website www.myphotostitch.com.  My Photo Stitch is a site where you can upload a photo and then it will be converted into a custom cross stitch pattern.  Hopefully a cross stitch pattern will translate just as well using needlepoint stitches.  We shall see, because I've made a pattern of Talia's face. 

There are a lot of other exciting updates, but perhaps if I keep some of them to myself for now, it will motivate me to blog more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment