Monday, April 9, 2012

Months later...

So again, life was distracting me.  I have been very busy these past few months.  I've done most of my spring cleaning, so that's good.  Yay, me!  I have started writing a story - the idea has been growing in my mind for a couple of months now and it's very exciting.  Part of the reason I hadn't been writing my novel is that I had no ideas for a novel.  Now that I've got an idea, I can write, write, write.  Unfortunately spring cleaning, normal housework, raising a baby, and gardening have been getting in the way of my writing. 

I have decided to grow a garden this year.  Now that Talia is over a year old and a bit more independent, I can take time to go out in the yard.  I am really excited about growing my own herbs and vegetables.  I stumbled upon a really neat gardening site - http://www.squarefootgardening.org/ - and I am going to try out their method.  It looks like it should be simple and effective!  Plus, I'll be able to grow a lot more plants in a much smaller space.  The only downside is that since it's a raised bed garden, I have to purchase a huge amount of dirt. 

I don't delude myself by thinking that anyone actually reads this blog.  If anyone does, I am sorry that I never write new entries.  I mainly write this blog to keep my creative juices flowing, and my fingers nimble on the keyboard.  My goal is going to be to update this blog at least once a week.  (Now to see if I can actually keep that goal!)

I'm off to research http://www.lowes.com/ to see if I can gather up an estimate for my gardening supplies.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment